It is no secret that Korea is making great strides to integrate English. We find this both convenient and entertaining. Why you may ask? Well, mispelled signs often contain simple errors that drastically alter their meaning. Let it be noted, that I'm not trying to be offensive-- I can't even imagine what bullox I would write when translating information. But these minor details give us a chuckle and remind us that are jobs here are not quite finished.
Some common examples:
Enjoy Kimchi Fried Lice!
Forget lozengers, ease that throat itch with Rozengers.
Thirsty? How about a cafe Ratte?
Tonight, the the craP salad is succulent.
Some common examples:
Enjoy Kimchi Fried Lice!
Forget lozengers, ease that throat itch with Rozengers.
Thirsty? How about a cafe Ratte?
Tonight, the the craP salad is succulent.
While mispellings are common, sometimes the mere layout makes English seem like a foreign language. Check out these SPAMCHESSESANDWICHES!
No comments:
Post a Comment